Now that the gifts have all been opened. Here are pics of the remaining gifts which I made this Christmas:
These are a pair of socks for my Mom made with Cotton Cascade Fixation. They were my first toe up socks.
This is a pair of Buffalo socks which I made for my Father-in-Law. I created the pattern with sock wizard, again toe up.
I made one more pair of socks for my Sister-in-law, . It’s the Milanese pattern from Magknits.com. Another toe up pattern. These were made with Tofuties yarn.
So now that the holidays are over, it’s time to look forward toward 2008. If you recall, last year I set out with the resolution to Knit from my Stash until Rhinebeck
As a somewhat experienced knitter and collector of yarn, this wasn’t as difficult as I thought it might be except for the fact that I had just started spinning and every fiber seemed to be something I wanted when I wasn’t buying yarn. So now my fiber stash and spinning supplies are taking over for the yarn which I didn’t spend time buying. Had I known that I would only replace one vice with another, I probably wouldn’t have set out the year the way I did.
So this year, I’m trying something new. I’m putting down resolutions to “do” something instead of something“not do”. Like “eat healthy” instead of “diet”.
Here is my starting list:
- Knit for Charity from my stash. One thing a month, whether a square for an afghan or a cap, etc. It doesn’t matter as long as I create something for charity.
- Spin my stash and create yarns I would like to knit with. Otherwise, donate or sell.
- Finish at least 2 UFOs in 2008 (not counting current WIPs), Not a very far reaching goal but I really want to finish my Icarus this summer and that Lopi sweater before it gets warm again.
- Knit for Birthdays and not get hung up about Christmas. It spreads out the giving and knitting over time instead of mad rush for Christmas. Plus, the gifts don’t have to only be winter things!
- Join more online knitting discussions to engage with other knitters and help others
- Get more in tune with LetsKnit2gether audience to promote and encourage knitting as an art form.
- Get episodes out more regularly.
What are yours?
Best Wishes to all for a Happy and healthy new year!